I LOVE SWEETS! They warm my heart and make me happy, but they also end up making me feel guilty for not eating something like a dang carrot instead. Therefore, I end up having to run 10 miles (not really maybe like 5 crunches or something) just to make myself feel better.
I had a hardcore craving for some brownies, but I didn’t want to cheat on my diet plan. So, I tried this honey brownie recipe thinking that it would be a decent tasting treat that wouldn’t hurt me, or my progress. Let’s just say they weren’t decent… I fell in love! The texture and the flavor is perfect. Especially, if you haven’t had sugar in a while! Guess what? I’m going to share the recipe with you!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup organic honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup all purpose-flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips ( optional, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 300C. Butter your pan/dish. I used an 8 inch square glass baking dish.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter, and stir in cocoa powder, honey and salt. Don’t let it get too hot, just until melted and stirred thoroughly. Remove from heat. Add vanilla extract.
- In a medium-sized bowl combine liquid mixture with two eggs.
- Add flour and beat the mixture with a whisk until combined. Do not overmix.
- Drop in your chips, trying not to eat too many yourself along the way.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until it looks solid and a toothpick comes out fairly clean. Allow to cool before cutting.
Then you’re done!
You’re so welcome!
If you enjoy my honey brownies recipe, comment and let me know! Also, check out my Guilt Free Chocolate Chip Cookies that are made with honey. They taste amazing!
Enjoy and have a wonderful day!